According to Business Insider (April, 2018) there are many science backed health reasons for being outdoors in nature. They include:
- Walking in nature could improve your short-term memory.
- Being outdoors has a demonstrated de-stressing effect.
- Spending time outside reduces inflammation.
- Enjoying the outdoors helps eliminate fatigue.
- Outdoor experiences may help fight depression and anxiety.
- Being outside may protect your vision.
- Spending time outside lowers blood pressure.
- It could improve your ability to focus.
- You may perform better on creative tasks after being outside.
- Outdoor sessions may even help prevent cancer.
- Forests also might boost your immune system.
- Outdoor time is associated with a lower overall risk of early death.
With so many opportunities to take a walk, whether around your neighborhood or in a nearby park, it can be easy to make this a regular part of your self care.